Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus works as an expectorant and can help cleanse your body of toxins and harmful microorganisms. One of the most effective ways to use eucalyptus for colds is to place several drops of the essential oil into your diffuser before going to sleep so you can take advantage of the healing benefits all night long.
- Try a few drops of eucalyptus oil with some coconut or olive oil in your hair, giving your hair a nice moisturizing pick-me-up. This is especially great to ward off dandruff and an itchy scalp. Also, eucalyptus can be used as a natural remedy for lice in replacement of chemical treatments.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is an excellent cleanser, removing grease and grime and rejuvenating sore hands and feet when mixed into your bath salts.
- Not only does eucalyptus give a fresh fragrance to your home products, but it adds vital anti-microbial properties as well. You can’t go wrong putting several drops into pretty much anything: soap, laundry detergent, mop water, toilet cleaner, window cleaner … anything that needs a disinfectant!
- Eucalyptus oil is highly effective in treating respiratory problems, including asthma, bronchitis, COPD, pneumonia and even tuberculosis. Using eucalyptus for asthma is a proven treatment that dilates the blood vessels and allows more oxygen into the lungs. Simply mix eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil and coconut oil for a Homemade Vapor Rub, and put on upper chest.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. As with all essential oils dilute with a carrier oil prior to applying to the skin, and test in a small area first to be sure there is no skin irritation.
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus
Plant Part Used: Wood and Leaves
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong pungent aroma, Eucalyptus Globulus has an herbaceous scent with woody undertones.
Blends With: Basil, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Citronella, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Myrtle, Frankincense, Spearmint, Tea Tree.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that any Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.